The interprofessional student group Nurses for Global Health will host its 11th Annual Conference on April 18 at the School of Social Work Auditorium. The title of this year’s conference is “Global Health on Edge: What in the World is Going On?”
The conference will focus on emergent issues in global health, including gun violence, disaster preparedness and response, and social isolation. These critical global health issues will be examined through a global and local lens via a stellar lineup of speakers (see below).
Here are the event details:
- What: Nurses for Global Health 11th Annual Conference
- When: Wednesday, April 18
- Time: Noon to 5 p.m.
- Where: School of Social Work Auditorium, 525 W. Redwood St.
- Registration: Go to this link.
The speakers include:
- Erricka Bridgeford, The Baltimore Sun 2017 Marylander of the Year, Baltimore Ceasefire
- Capt. Patrick Denis, MBA, BSN, RN, CHEP, Medical Reserve Corps, U.S. Public Health Service
- Sacoby Wilson, PhD, MS, Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health, University of Maryland, College Park School of Public Health
- Capt. Aisha Mix, DNP, MPH, MSN, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services