As we told you a few weeks ago, eUMB Financials and RAVEN will be retired when UMB’s new cloud financial system goes live. That means that the new system needs a new name. You could be the person to come up with that name! The winner will receive an Amazon Tap Alexa-enabled portable Bluetooth speaker with several accessories.
The sky’s the limit! Are you ready? Do you have a name you’d like to propose?
Here’s what you need to do:
- UMB Employees or Affiliates may submit entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must Include the following information:
- Submitter’s first and last name
- Campus email address
- Campus Phone Number
- Your suggested name for UMB’s new cloud-based financial system. (You may include more than one suggested name per email.)
Submit your proposed name(s) NO LATER THAN the end of day on Wednesday, June 28.
Here’s what happens next:
- The contest committee (who cannot enter, by the way!) will review all entries and select the top names.
- In the July 10 issue of the Elm Weekly, we will share the top submissions and ask readers to rank your favorites by July 18.
- The winning entry will be announced in the July 24 issue of the Elm Weekly.
The Fine Print
The winning entry becomes the property of the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
Background Information on the New System
To get some ideas flowing, here’s a little more background on the new system. When it goes live, the financials cloud system will transform how we work with administrative systems at UMB. The decision to move our financial system to the cloud places UMB at the forefront of our industry – both with peers in higher education and within USM.
The new system will improve reporting and analytics and make it easier to access to UMB’s financial application since the cloud application will be available on mobile devices as well as on desktop computers. The new cloud system will allow UMB to take advantage of the best practices and process solutions built in to the software. The more frequent delivery of updates also provides the ability to stay current with these best practices and processes.
So go on…get creative! Come up with your unique idea. And make your mark on UMB systems history.