Microsoft Office is a robust suite of tools in and of itself, then you add in Office 365 – there is a lot to know! Because the topics are wide and varied, and what each employee wants to learn can also be wide and varied, the Center for Information Technology (CITS) wants to remind you that there is a training tool available to all UMB employees that can help you learn more about Microsoft Office.
The Learning Management System (LMS) offers many Skillsoft e-learning courses on many subjects. Specific to Microsoft Office, there are courses on Office 2013, 2016, and Office 365, just to name a few high-level subjects.
More specific offerings include:
- Access 2016
- Skype 2016
- Office 365: SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Office Online and Office 365
- PowerPoint 2013
- Excel 2013
- Microsoft Office for Mac
Interested? Here’s how you can get there:
Go to the Learning Management System and sign in using your UMID and password.
Once you’ve signed in:
To view a list of offerings by subject:
- Click the Library icon (three books) toward the upper left.
- On the menu that opens in the main window, locate Skillsoft Content and click the arrow to the right to expand the menu.
- There are six high-level sections of learning topics. The Microsoft Office courses are located under Desktop Skills.
It is recommended to click the arrow to the left of each topic to expand the sub-menu. This is an easy way to view and select courses by subject. Once you locate the courses you are interested in, click on the course name. This will display the courses to the right. Click Select and then Start.
While we are focusing on Microsoft Office courses, Skillsoft Content offers many other courses on many other subjects. Please take the time to look through and see what else interests you!