The University of Maryland, Baltimore’s (UMB) CURE Scholars Program is seeking a lead mentor intern for the 2018-29 school year. The internship pays $4,000 and ends in May 2019. An application can be found on the CURE website. For questions about the application or mentoring with UMB CURE, contact Borndavid McCraw, UMB CURE mentoring coordinator.
- Ability to work some weekend and evenings hours are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts.
- Ability to write and present information in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior while interacting.
- Supporting the volunteer coordinator in all aspects of mentor management, including recruitment of new mentors, matching mentors and scholars, and maintaining consistent communication with mentors.
- Assisting mentors and scholars during each Tuesday and Thursday after-school session, some Saturday sessions, and during UMB CURE special events.
- Connecting new mentors and scholars with one another.
- Managing and transporting materials and supplies for scholars and mentors during program sessions.
- Collecting, compiling, and organizing data pertinent to mentor attendance, survey responses, and various volunteer data. Analyzing, summarizing, and communicating this information to appropriate team members.