Researchers at the University of Maryland are seeking male and female participants to take part in a screening for elevated blood sugar levels. The screenings are the first step in a study to learn about the use of a commercially available dietary supplement for men and women who are prediabetic.
This study may be a good fit if you:
- Are 18 or older
- Prediabetic determined by elevated blood glucose or HbA1c
- Have possible risk factors for prediabetes, including being overweight, inactive, or a family history
If you decide to take part in the screening for this research, you would:
- Attend one visit to have a fasting blood sample drawn to determine your glucose level
- Have the opportunity to enroll in the study if eligible
- After enrollment, attend two 45-minute appointments over 12 weeks
- Have bloodwork completed at both appointments
- Participate in a short phone call midway through the study
- Take four dietary supplement capsules per day for 12 weeks
Participants who take part in the screening will receive $25 for their time.