Know what to do in the event of an emergency garage closure before you come to campus.
During an emergency — such as winter weather, a hurricane, civil unrest, or a power outage — all 24-hour campus garages will remain open. However, non-24-hour garages will close, so parkers will need to park in garages as defined below.
Open all days and times, even during emergencies, unless otherwise noted.
- Baltimore Grand
Not open during emergencies.
Emergency garage relocation plan
- Pearl parkers go to Baltimore Grand
- Penn parkers go to Pratt
- Saratoga parkers go to Baltimore Grand
- UMB Alerts will notify registered users that Emergency Garage Plans are in effect. Sign up for alerts on the UMB Alerts web page (FPI, please use code FPI; UMMC, please use code UMMC).
- If possible, signage will be located at garage entryways detailing where you should park when your garage is closed.
- Use your regular access card when entering and exiting a 24-hour garage in an emergency situation ONLY.
- Always consult the UMB Alerts web page regarding any campus emergency situation to get current updates.
- Learn more by visiting the Parking and Transportation Services web page.