Researchers at the University of Maryland School of Medicine want to learn about the use of a commercially available dietary supplement for men and women who are prediabetic.
This study may be a good fit if you are:
- Male or female, 18 years of age or older
- Prediabetic determined by elevated blood glucose or HbA1c (possible risk factors for prediabetes include being overweight, inactive, and family history)
Participants who take part in the screening will receive $25 for their time (additional payment if eligible and enrolled in the research study).
If you decide to take part in the screening for this research, you would:
- Attend one visit to have a fasting blood sample drawn to determine your glucose level
- Have the opportunity to enroll in the study if eligible
- Once enrolled, attend two 45-minute appointments over 12 weeks
- Have bloodwork completed at both appointments
- Participate in a short phone call midway through the study
- Take four dietary supplement capsules per day for 12 weeks
The principal investigator for this study is Chris D’Adamo, PhD