UMBrella welcomes a new Affinity Group, UMB Professional Administrative Committed to Excellence (UMBPACE).
UMBPACE will meet Nov. 15, noon to 1 p.m., in the President’s Conference Room on the 14th floor of the Saratoga Building.
The mission of the UMBPACE group is to support UMB’s administrative professionals’ quest to enhance and improve their skills. We are committed to communicating UMB best practices and sharing our expertise and experiences with current and new administrative professionals at UMB.
- Provide and direct administrative professionals to resources, identifying website links and learning tools that will help familiarize them with UMB policies and procedures that will help them better understand and maneuver through UMB processes.
- Offer skill improvement tips and demonstrations to enhance organizing, coordinating, and problem solving techniques by inviting each committee member to share from their perspective and expertise and/or invite speakers from UMB departments to present and speak on a relevant topic useful to UMB administrative professionals.
- Improve communications among administrative staff by identifying areas needing upgrades or improvements throughout UMB that will enhance the UMB experience.
- Encourage new UMB administrative support professionals to reach out to the committee to obtain information and tools offered.
- Create and offer a workshop presentation to the community through the UMB Community Engagement Center on Office Etiquette and basic office skills, procedures, and customer service.