University President Jay A. Perman, MD, has made interprofessional education (IPE) a priority at UMB, and the Center for Interprofessional Education will be holding its sixth annual IPE Faculty Development Day on Wednesday, Jan. 31, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the School of Pharmacy.
The event will feature three breakout learning sessions designed to help faculty improve their IPE skills and learn how to integrate IPE in the classroom.
Breakout Learning Sessions
- Introductory Session: IPE 101-Designing IPE Projects.
- Intermediate Session: Cultural Competence for Health and Human Service Providers.
- Advanced Session: Sustain, Evaluate, and Measure Assessment.
- 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m. — Registration and light refreshments.
- 9 a.m.-9:10 a.m. — Welcome: Jay A. Perman, MD, president of UMB; Jane M. Kirschling, PhD, RN, FAAN, dean of School of Nursing and director of Center for Interprofessional Education.
- 9:15 a.m.-10 a.m. — Keynote presentation: “Interprofessional Education in a Real World Clinical Setting” (2015 IPE Seed Grant Award). Panel: Barbara Resnick, School of Nursing; Nicole Brandt, School of Pharmacy; Everett Smith, School of Social Work.
- 10 a.m.-10:10 a.m. — Break.
- 10:10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. — Breakout learning sessions and network opportunity.
- 11:30 a.m.-noon — Debriefing.