The newsletter features Dr. Jarrell’s column on diversity, equity, and inclusion, plus stories on Live Near Your Work, CURE Scholars, COVID-19 signage, the Academy of Lifelong Learning, and more.
In the September issue of The President’s Message, you’ll find:
- Dr. Jarrell’s column on UMB’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Live Near Your Work adds Druid Heights and Heritage Crossing as eligible neighborhoods.
- UMB CURE wins “Inspiring Programs in STEM” award from Insight Into Diversity magazine.
- Signs about masks, physical distancing, and other measures greet those returning to campus.
- Academy of Lifelong Learning offers faculty expertise from around the University.
- Interim Police Chief Thomas Leone says continuity and community are his priorities.
- Hands-on learning returns at School of Nursing.
- Founders Week Gala will be held virtually and include special guests and surprises.
- Roundup of student, faculty, and staff achievements.
You can read the newsletter online and browse its back issues here.