Deadline: Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, 5 p.m. EST
Eligibility: Faculty at the level of assistant professor, associate professor, or professor with a minimum 51 percent FTE appointment from the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), or University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP)
Budget: Up to $10,000 in direct costs for 12 months
Notice of Award: Mid- to late January 2023
UMB's Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR) recently announced a funding opportunity for Community Engaged Research (CEnR) pilot projects. Applicants for the pilot grant project are expected to have already completed the preparatory work of developing the community partnership and identifying the research question. This special ICTR CEnR Voucher Award is specifically for developing successful and sustained community partnerships necessary for competitive review for the next CEnR pilot grant application to be released in fall 2023, or for other, extramural, CEnR-type grant applications. Proposed activities for this award might include the following:
- Develop a community-academic research partnership(s) infrastructure (e.g., advisory boards, partnership roles and responsibilities, policies and procedures, memorandums of understanding)
- Facilitate formal and informal meetings for partners to identify shared goals, priorities, research interests, and sharing of resources and funding
- Facilitate open dialogue and bidirectional learning around challenges and opportunities to address community health needs
- Identify community partner(s) to engage the community to help define the research question
- Build research capacity for community partners (e.g., Institutional Review Board training, training on research design and methods, etc.)
- Build CEnR capacity for academic partners (e.g., principles of community engagement, 10-Step Framework, etc.)
Applications should utilize a milestone-driven approach for proposed projects that will ensure timely generation of tangible products and outcomes within the 12-month funding period.
For more information about this CEnR Voucher funding opportunity and how to apply, click here.
Contact the ICTR Navigator at ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu