Science must be at the forefront when health policy decisions are made. Over the past two years, we have seen how vital nursing research is to improving health outcomes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Science is the backbone of discovery, implementation, and progress as we seek to achieve health equity through optimal care delivery.
The Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science (CANS), a signature initiative of the American Academy of Nursing (Academy), bolsters the voice of nursing science by weighing in on key scientific policies at the federal level, disseminating research findings, and providing unique learning opportunities for its members.
Membership in CANS is open individuals interested in the future of nursing research. Rates are offered at the individual and student levels. Becoming a member of CANS not only provides opportunities for engagement with colleagues nationally but also offers the following benefits:
- Collaborate with experts in your field.
- Attend events with experts hosted by the SIGs.
- Share your research with colleagues in your field.
- Impact federal research.
- Stay updated on current research topics.
- Bring nursing's voice to scientific policy.
- Attend national events at a discounted rate.