The Eastern Shore Area Health Education Center is hosting a virtual event presented by the Geriatrics and Gerontology Education and Research Program (GGEAR):
Caught in the Middle: Understanding Dementia & Recognizing the Needs of the Sandwich Generation
Tuesday, Dec. 8
noon - 4 p.m.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal changes in cognition in later life
- Define the demographics and challenges of the Sandwich Generation
- Summarize the importance of prioritizing the responsibilities and tasks of the
sandwich generation caregiver
- Describe the importance of knowing caregiver limitations and being able to take care of them shelves
- Identify resources to support care providers for older adults
- Dr. Biernot
- Diane Martin, PhD
- Sara Smith, MHA
Students are able to register for FREE.
Certificates of attendance will be provided at the end of the conference to all participants.