This is a paid position from October 2019 through May 2020
What is the UMB CURE Scholars Program?
- A groundbreaking science pipeline program that prepares students in West Baltimore for competitive and rewarding research and health care careers.
- UMB CURE works with middle and high school students in several schools in the Baltimore area.
What do lead mentors do?
- Manage Tuesday/Thursday after-school sessions
- Manage Saturday or summer science enrichment programming for UMB CURE scholars during the 2019-2020 school year
- Weekly management of primary mentors at after-school sessions
- Attend monthly meetings
- Serve as a role model for our scholars
Next steps to become a UMB CURE lead mentor!
- Go to www.umaryland.edu/cure-scholars to learn more about UMB CURE and our mentoring program
- Fill out a lead mentor application here
- You will be notified through email upon approval of your application and will receive information regarding an interview at the campus of UMB.
- Once mentor training and background screening have been completed, you’re ready to mentor.
PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is Sept. 20, 2019. The UMB CURE Scholars Program accepts applications on a rolling basis, but applications submitted by the priority deadline will be considered primarily.
For more information, please contact Shawdae Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org), mentoring program coordinator, UMB CURE Scholars Program.