Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, 4 p.m.
After a Kentucky grand jury’s decision not to indict police officers in the killing of Breonna Taylor, what are the legal implications, what role do concepts such as “reasonable use of force” and “qualified immunity” play, and what can be done to restore confidence in the concept of fair treatment under the law? University of Maryland, Baltimore President Bruce E. Jarrell, MD, FACS, and the guests below will discuss these issues on a special edition of Virtual Face to Face with Dr. Bruce Jarrell.
- David Gray, JD, PhD, Jacob A. France Professor of Law, Carey School of Law
- Michael Pinard, JD, Francis & Harriet Iglehart Professor of Law and co-director, Clinical Law Program, Carey School of Law
- Maneka Sinha, JD, assistant professor, Carey School of Law
If prompted, enter:
- Event number: 120 283 9936
- Event password: facetoface