Facilitate community health learning objectives in the community setting for undergraduate nursing students. Clinical requirements include completing 90 clinical hours (one day a week) over 15 weeks with community health nursing students.
- Orient students to the clinical site and assist in theirdevelopment of understanding the values, attitudes and ideals appropriate to community health nursing.
- Supervise care provided bya group of nursing students (8 students in a group) while they complete their community health clinical rotation.
- Teach students how to complete community assessments and community-basedhealth promotion projects.
- Coordinate with the clinical site for activities and assignments.
- Evaluate your students’ clinical work.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master's in Community Public Health, Nursing or Education OR can be a student enrolled in the University of Maryland’s Community Health Master’s Program, DNP, or PhD program.
- Hold an active RN license in Marylandand have experience in public or community health.
- Must have good motivational and instructional skills in diverse community settings.
- January 27, 2020 (first day of classes)
- The semester runs for 15 weeks. Clinical is one day a week on either a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and possible Friday.
- Salary $5,220.
Please contact Kate Scott, DNP, CRNP, MPH at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.