R3 aims to Renew, Retain, and amplify the Resilience of nurses throughout Maryland.
Six University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) faculty members have been selected to serve as R3 Champions of the Resilient Nurses Initiative. R3 aims to Renew, Retain, and amplify the Resilience of nurses throughout Maryland in all specialties and roles through a culture of ethical practice.
UMSON faculty serving as R3 Champions are:
- Marisa Astiz-Martinez, MS ’13, RN, clinical instructor
- Jennifer Dalton, MSN, RN, CNE, manager, simulation coordinator
- Amy Daniels, PhD ’18, MS ’12, BSN ’89, RN, CHSE, assistant professor and director of the Clinical Simulation Labs
- Amanda Henson, MS, RN, CNE, CHSE, clinical instructor
- Hannah Murphy Buc, MSN, RN, CNE, clinical instructor
- Rebecca Weston, EdD, MSN, RN, CNE, assistant professor
In addition, Jane Kirschling, PhD, RN, FAAN, the Bill and Joanne Conway Dean, and Nina Trocky, DNP, RN, CNE, associate professor, serve as members of the R3 Coordinating Council, which meets monthly to review progress toward grant goals.
Pictured: top, l to r: Astiz-Martinez, Dalton, and Daniels. Bottom, l to r: Henson, Murphy Buc, and Weston.