A roadmap from UMSON’s Senior Practicum Experience to an UMMS Registered Nurse Position
For entry-into-practice student in their final semester of study in fall 2022
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is partnering with the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) on a program that offers UMSON students an opportunity to select their senior practicum placement and first job as a nurse.
Here’s how it works:
Upon accepting a nurse graduate position on a unit at a participating UMMS hospital*, P3 participants will complete their senior practicum on that unit. P3 practicum students also have the option of working as a paid student nurse before or after the practicum on their unit of hire. After graduation from UMSON, employment on that unit as a nurse graduate will begin. Following successful completion of the NCLEX, the nurse will transfer to a clinical nurse I position.
- Must be an UMSON entry-into-practice student in their final semester of study in fall 2022
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or greater (Note that minimum cumulative GPA requirements for UMSON graduation remain unchanged.)
How to apply:
- Submit your online application by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 10, 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed as received; early submissions are encouraged.
- Complete an interview with the unit manager.
- Formally accept the nurse graduate position.
*Participating hospitals include:
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center