Having a second device registered to Duo allows you to maintain security and privacy to your data.
To provide added security to your data and the University’s privacy, integrity, and confidentiality, we recommend (if possible) adding a second device to Duo in the event that your main device is unavailable.
The steps below will also show how to add a device in the event you are replacing your old mobile device.
To do so, please see the following instructions:
1. Go to directory.umaryland.edu.
2. Click on “Multifactor Authentication (Duo)” then “Manage Duo Account.”
3. Next, click “Add New Device.”
4. You will be prompted to authenticate your current registered device (we recommend utilizing the Push function).
5. You will be brought to a new page to determine what device you will be adding.
a. If you are replacing your old mobile device:
i. You will re-enter your phone number.
ii. A new message will pop up asking if you would like to replace the current device registered to this phone number.
iii. Click Yes.
iv. It will then ask you to install the Duo App on your new device.
v. Once the app has been downloaded, use the new device scan the QR code provided on the computer screen. You can also choose to have an activation link sent to your email.
b. If you are adding a landline:
i. Enter your phone number.
ii. It will take you to a new page where you will re-enter your landline phone number so the system can call you and provide you with a 6-digit code to enter into the verification box.
c. If you are adding a tablet:
i. Determine what type of tablet you are adding.
ii. It will then ask you to install the Duo app on your new device.
iii. Once the app has been downloaded, use the new device scan the QR code provided on the computer screen. You can also choose to have an activation link sent to your email.
6. After authenticating your new device, you will be taken to a new screen where you can see all your devices registered to Duo. You should see your new device in the list provided.From this page, you can also choose which device you would like to set as your default device.
For additional information, visit https://www.umaryland.edu/cits/services/DUO/existing-user/