Some friendly reminders as we begin the spring 2020 semester ...
- UMSON will have a meeting-free week during Spring Break, March 16-20, 2020. Please do not schedule meetings during this time period.
- Are you planning to host international visitors at UMSON? If so, you must consult with the Office of Global Health in advance of their visit. Learn more in the Guideline for International Visitors.
- When developing grant proposals that includes marketing or advertising efforts for which you'll need support from UMSON's Office of Communications, you must meet or otherwise communicate with a representative from the Office of Communications to develop a marketing plan and schedule and to discuss a necessary budget to support that plan BEFORE you submit your grant proposal. The Office of Communications wants to ensure that we can support your efforts as effectively as possible. Please contact Giordana Segneri at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to discuss your grant planning.
- Please take a few minutes to read and familiarize yourself with UMSON's Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plan, which facilitates the seamless continuity of the School's essential functions during and after an emergency, regardless of type or scale. You can find a link to the plan on the Policies, Procedures, Guidelines & Bylaws tab on the intranet. The plan will be updated annually or more frequently if changes are necessary.
- If you are contacted by a representative of the media for an interview, photography, editorial submission, or any other initiative, you are required to contact the Office of Communications at NRScommunications@umaryland.edu and your department chair immediately so that we may support the effort. The same holds true if you are contacted by a representative of the UMB Office of Communications and Public Affairs with a media inquiry.