A Message from the UMSON Staff Council Community Engagement Workgroup:
Volunteer and service activities are challenging at the moment – but now is the perfect time to continue to learn about community service and engagement in and around our UMB community. Check out these free virtual events and RSVP to attend.
Understanding Community Service - RSVP to attend
Community service can be both engaging and rewarding during your time at UMB. But do you understand the ethical implications of service? Three date options:
- Thursday, Oct. 22, noon - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, noon - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, 1 - 2 p.m.
Continued Conversations on Community Engagement - RSVP to attend
- Thursday, Oct. 22, 2 - 3 p.m. - Walking with the Community: The First Step in Community Engaged Research and Scholarship
- Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2 - 3 p.m. - Best Practices in Community Engagement
What’s New? Community Service Opportunities in West Baltimore – more details coming soon
- A virtual discussion hosted by the UMSON Staff Council Community Engagement Workgroup including representatives of West Baltimore programs and organizations to learn about how UMSON staff, faculty, students can get involved.