Eight alumnae join associate professor in cohort of AAN distinguished nurse leaders.
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) proudly announces that Tonya Schneidereith, PhD, CRNP, PPCNP-BC, CPNP-AC, CNE, CHSE-A, associate professor, and eight UMSON alumnae were selected as Fellows of the American Academy of Nursing (AAN). They will be recognized for their contributions to health and health care at the academy’s annual Transforming Health, Driving Policy Conference, taking place virtually Oct. 29 - 31, 2020.
The following alumnae were also among the 230 distinguished nurse leaders who compose this year's cohort of AAN fellows:
- Kristen M. (Stanich) Brown, DNP, MS ’06, CRNP, CPNP-AC, CHSE-A
- Mary DiBartolo, PhD ’01, RN-BC, CNE, FGSA
- Jun-Yu Fan, PhD, MS ’93
- Mary Fey, PhD ’14, MS ’01, RN, CHSE-A, ANEF
- Kathleen Griffith, PhD ’06, MPH, FNP-BC
- Catherine Haut, DNP ’10, MS ’93, CPNP-AC/PC, CCRN, FAANP
- Belinda Mandrell, PhD, MS ’91, BSN ’89, RN PNP
- Azizeh Sowan, PhD ’06, RN
Schneidereith has also been named a Fellow of the National League for Nursing (NLN) Academy of Nursing Education. She was inducted at the 2020 NLN Education Summit, which took place virtually Sept. 23 - 25, 2020. She is one of only 15 distinguished nurse educators to be selected for the 14th class of fellows.